Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Comic Geek Speak SuperShow!












I spent last weekend at SuperShow, an amazing comics convention put on by the equally-amazing Comic Geek Speak podcast. A con like no other, the show is a celebration of both the podcast and the incredible comics community that has grown out of the CGS forum.

In addition to spending time with tons of incredibly talented artists that I'm proud to call friends, (among them: JunBob Kim, Alex Serra, Mike Norton, Morry Hollowell, Brent Schoonover, Ryan Stegman, Jamal Igle, Big Jim, Katie Cook, Dave Wachter, Erica Hesse, Lin Workman and more), I had the pleasure of meeting and reacquainting myself with bunches and bunches of friends who I have met on the CGS forums (NOT singling anyone out for fear of forgetting someone).

And, of course, it was a great time to catch up with the stars of Comic Geek Speak themselves, Bryan Deemer, Peter Rios, Jamie D, Kevin Moyer, Shane Kelly, Matt, Adam and Pants—friends one and all. A big thank you to Matt for putting me up (and putting up with me), Kevin (who picked me up at the airport) and Bob Bretall of the Comic Book Page podcast who hauled me to the airport at the end of the show.

In the photos: (1) a doughy pic of me—time to get to the gym! Pronto! (2) "Surprise, Steve, we're taking your picture!" In the background is JunBob Kim, and (3) from left: Big Jim, Shawn Pryor of PKD Media and me. In the background is the mysterious Mr. Serra.

Yes, I swiped these photos from other people because I'm too damn lazy to take pictures myself.

A wonderful time...

4 comments:

Mike Heffron said...

Big Jim! Big Jim! Yay!!!!!!!!


And Steve too...that smile was based on Forte's performance.

Mike

Steve Bryant said...

Ha! That smile took place BEFORE Matt Forte's Chicago Bears debut.

...but I'm smiling NOW!

Big Jim Miller said...

Ugh. I look like someone's retarded cousin...

Tack said...

Thanks for allowing me to eat all your Onion Rings, on the ride back to Philly Airport! :)