Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Take That, Pinko!

Today's picture is part of what could be the greatest commission theme ever.

Ever.

Vic Sage Pummels the Presidents. For the uninformed, Vic Sage is the alter-ego of the Question, a DC Comics character created by Steve Ditko in the 1960s. Ditko, an adherent to Ayn Rand's Objectivism philosophy, sometimes touched upon his views through the character.

Needless to say, when given the choice between the Question slugging William Taft or LBJ, I chose LBJ. How do you think a Randian Objectivist would view the Great Society?

Take that, Pinko!

(Oh, and someone pointed out that the Question's figure kind of forms a question mark. I wish I could say I was that clever, but I'm not. It's still pretty neat.)

4 comments:

kkurtz said...

I for one will not be satisfied until I see a visual representation of Vic kicking Dubbya in the nuts!

Steve Bryant said...

Ha! You could probably fill a sketchbook with various super-heroes doing that.

Anonymous said...

He should be punching Ayn Rand and her inconsistent "philosophy" of "me, me, me and oh yeah, me. And bring me another gin and tonic!"

Steve Bryant said...

Anonymous said: "He should be punching Ayn Rand and her inconsistent "philosophy" of "me, me, me and oh yeah, me. "

I think that sounds like a GREAT commission!!

I'll do it for $130, just like the LBJ image. Shoot me an email.

You guys realize that these are commissioned pieces and don't necessarily reflect my beliefs, right? They only reflect my whorelike greed to pay my bills. ;)